Summer cocktail favorite! Strawberry and jalapeno flavors make for a zesty and refreshing porch sipping drink!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1-ounce lime juice
- 2 heaping bar spoons of Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Jalapeno Jam
- 1-ounce Triple Sec
- Garnish – extra lime juice and Bourbon Smoked Salt, jalapeno, strawberry, and/or lime wedges
- Prepare garnishes.
- To rim glass, prepare one saucer plate with extra lime juice and one with salt.
- Turn margarita glass upside down and dip in lime plate; then dip in salt plate.
- Add ice to glass.
- In cocktail shaker, combine ingredients and ice.
- Jiggle shaker until condensation forms on surface.
- Pour through strainer into prepared margarita glass.
- Garnish as you see fit.
Strawberry Jalapeno Jam Margaritas pair perfectly with Mexican inspired dishes, Asian main courses featuring peppers and ginger, and with good old Southern Barbeque.
Especially fun for backyard parties or evenings on the porch patio! For lighter evening meals pair with a garden salad and fresh strawberries.
Mark your calendar! February 22 is always National Margarita Day in case you need an excuse to prepare homemade margaritas!
This recipe was formulated with Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Jalapeno Jam. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
We used a Reposado tequila in the test kitchen. Like bourbon, each brand of tequila has a unique flavor profile. Experiment with several brands to find what works for you.
For parties, you could mix in a big batch eliminating the ice until time to serve.
Keywords: strawberry jalapeno margarita recipe, summer cocktail, jam cocktail, margarita recipe, strawberry jam cocktail