Not a flat flitter, these fluffy blueberry pancakes make just enough for two. Perfect for an intimate Sunday brunch with the one you love.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, whisked
- 2 teaspoon pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons unsalted organic butter melted + oil, butter, or bacon grease for skillet
- ¾ cup of buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries (substitute 1 cup of thawed and rinsed frozen blueberries)
- Friends Drift Inn Bourbon Cardamom Blueberry Jam for filling and syrup (We use 1 teaspoon between every other layer and 1 tablespoon added to 1 cup simple syrup for the pancake jam syrup)
- In large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in center and add buttermilk and butter. Stir only to moisten. Walk away!
- If you are using a cast iron skillet, turn the heat up to medium and let the skillet come up to temperature.
- Once you think it is hot enough, throw in the butter. Put a couple drops of water in the skillet. If water sizzles and dances, you are ready to go.
- Measure 1/3 cup of batter and pour over center of skillet.
- Immediately add fresh blueberries.
- The edges will begin to brown. A bubble or two will form on surface and pop.
- Flip the pancake to cook through.
- As pancakes are done, place on plate you will be eating on.
- Spread a dollop of warmed blueberry jam between layers.
These pancakes are fluffy, not flat. If you think to batter is too thick, just go with it. You could add another splash of buttermilk, but remember we are going for fluffy not flat!
We prefer fresh blueberries, but if you use frozen thaw, rinse and pat dry. You could coat with flour or corn starch, but because the batter cooks quickly that step is optional in this particular recipe.
This recipe is formulated with Friends Drift Inn Blueberry Cardamom Jam consistency, texture, and flavor profile in mind. We cannot predict how other products will work.
Keywords: blueberry pancakes recipe, pancakes recipe, blueberry jam, blueberry jam uses